- Triumvirate Theatre will perform “Fish On!” a humorous and informational look at fishing on the central Kenai Peninsula at 7 p.m. every day through Saturday at the theater in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Tickets are $10 general admission or $8 for students and seniors at the door.
- Kaladi Brothers in Soldotna has fiber art by Connie Goltz on display through August.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has art by Laura Faeo and Regina McAbee on display through August.
- The Funky Monkey coffee shop in Kenai has fiber arts by Kenai Peninsula College students on display through August.
First Thursday Art Events
- Artist reception for fiber artist Connie Goltz at Kaladi Brothers in Soldotna from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Artist reception for photographer Bill Heath at Art Works in Soldotna from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Artist reception for Laura Faeo and Regina McAbee at the Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Live acoustic music and a fiber arts display from Kenai Peninsula College students at the Funky Monkey coffee shop in the C Plaza in Kenai from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Bluegrass jam at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna at 6:30 p.m.
- Open mic at Veronica’s in Kenai from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Jeanne Dunhan and Kent Peterson will perform a free concert at noon at Kaladi Brothers in Soldotna as part of the Kenai Peninsula Orchestra’s Summer Music Festival.
- Local dance company Peninsula Artists in Motion will perform a short concert at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center, call 283-1991.
- Mi’shell Reid and Tammy Vollom-Matturro will perform a free concert at noon at Charlotte’s in Kenai as part of the Kenai Peninsula Orchestra’s Summer Music Festival.
- The Central Peninsula Writers Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. in the Kenai library conference room. Writers can bring copies of their work to share. Call 283-4378.
- Triumvirate Theatre will perform “Fish On!” at 1 and 2:30 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center.
- The Jan and Tonics Woodwind Ensemble will perform a free concert at noon at The Crossing in Soldotna as part of the Kenai Peninsula Orchestra’s Summer Music Festival.
- Triumvirate Theatre will stage “The Star Spangled Girl” by Neil Simon at 7 p.m. this Friday and Saturday, and next weekend on Aug. 15 and 16 at the theater in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Tickets are $10 in advance from the bookstore or at the door. Call 953-7262.
- The Kenai Peninsula Orchestra will perform a gala concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at Kenai Central High School with a preconcert lecture starting at 6:45 p.m. The orchestra will perform works by Strauss, Susato, Tchaikovsky, Elgar and Munger. Tickets are $15 general admission, $12 for seniors and $10 for youth and Raven Club members at the door or in advance from Charlotte’s and River City Books. Call 235-7579.
- The Totem Tracers Genealogical Society offers ancestor research help at the Kenai Library from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday in the conference room. Call 283-4378.
- Alaska’s Hobo Jim will perform at 3 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. Call 283-1991.
- Triumvirate Theatre performs “The Star Spangled Girl.” at 7 p.m. (See Friday entry)
- Local band Uglyfish with Ian Uponen and Casualties to the Cause from Homer will perform at Saturday night at the Old Town Playhouse in Kenai.
- Dan Pascucci will perform an all-ages show of interactive songs about science and nature at 1 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. Call 283-1991.
- Pat Reese of Robin’s Place Fabrics will share the work of local quilters and fiber artists at 1 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. Call 283-1991.
- The Totem Tracers Genealogical Society will hold its monthly meeting, beginning with a work session, at 6 p.m. at the Kenai Community Library. Call 283-4378.
- Martha Merry will give a presentation on what it was like to homestead on the Kenai at 1 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. Call 283-1991.
- The Riverside in Soldotna has live DJ music every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.
- BJ’s in Soldotna has acoustic country, folk and bar songs by Hobo Jim at 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
- The Crossing in Soldotna has acoustic music by the Mabrey Brothers from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The Funky Monkey in Kenai has bluegrass music by Them Other Shuckers from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Hooligan’s Saloon has acoustic music by Travis B. and Sean at 10 p.m. Thursday and rock covers by 9-Spine at 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Kenai Joe’s in Kenai has acoustic music by Grady at 8 p.m. Friday.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has acoustic classic rock by the Free Beer Band at 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Moosequitos in Sterling has acoustic music by Adam and Sonny at 10 p.m. today, top 40s music by Danger Pig at 10 p.m. Friday and country rock by Devil’s Boots at 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna has acoustic music by Kelsey and Derrick from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday and acoustic music by Katie Evans and Vicki Tinker from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Mykel’s in Soldotna has acoustic music by Dave Unruh from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The Place in Nikiski had bluegrass music by Them Other Shuckers at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has rock covers by The Mabrey Brothers Band at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Veronica’s in Kenai has open mic music at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, acoustic folk and blues by Chris Pepper, Sarah Superman and friends at 6:30 p.m. Friday and acoustic folk and country music by Scott Merry at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
- 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays at the Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays at the 409 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 8:30 p.m. Friday at the J-Bar-B in Kasilof
- 9:30 p.m. Monday at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has “Guitar Hero” at 9 p.m. Thursdays.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has pool night at 9 p.m. Fridays.