- Art Works in Soldotna has photography by Bill Heath on display through September.
- Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has art by Kathy Matta on display through September.
- Kaladi Brothers Kobuk Street in Soldotna has paintings by Melinda Hershberger on display through September.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has Peninsula Art Guild’s annual Harvest Art Exhibition on display through September. The art will be auctioned to the public Sept. 27.
- Already Read Books In Kenai has a display of artwork by local artists, curated by Natasha Ala, on display through September.
- The Funky Monkey coffee shop in Kenai has artwork by Metal Magic on display through September.
- Take-A-Break will hold its second annual bargain fashion show and brunch from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Solid Rock Conference Center of the Sterling highway in Sterling. Ladies are invited to show off their latest fashions from garage sales and thrift shops. Music will be provided by Brenda Clyde, and the guest speaker will be Deborah Horne from Bellingham, Wash., known as the "blue collar Martha Stewart." Call 260-6262 or 335-6789 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
- The Kenai Writers Group meets at 6 p.m. in the conference room at Kenai Municipal Library. It is open to anyone. Bring copies of your work to share.
- A bluegrass jam session will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Call 283-4156.
- Hooligan’s in Soldotna has an 1980s costume night and foam party Friday with dancing in bubbles.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has a frozen T-shirt contest night on Friday.
- The Kenai Elks will hold its ninth annual Oktoberfest at 7 p.m. with live music by Die Alaska Blaskapelle, food, and brews from Kassik’s Kenai Brew Stop. Call Konrad Jackson, 283-7776 or 398-9121.
- The Kenai River Folk Dancers will hold a contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School with live music by the Contra BanD. Newcomers should come early for lessons. Bring clean, non-marking shoes, and potluck snacks are encouraged. Admission is $5, and children under 16 get in for free with an adult. Call Treesa Holland, 260-4171.
- The Kenai Art Guild’s annual Harvest Art Auction starts at 6 p.m. for viewing with the auction at 7 p.m. Photography, paintings and works in stone, ceramic and fiber will be auctioned. Music and refreshments will be served. Admission is $20. Proceeds support the Kenai Fine Arts Center. Call 283-7040.
- Author James Barnett will discuss and sign copies of his recently published book, "Captain Cook in Alaska and the North Pacific," from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Kenai Municipal Library. Books will be available for purchase. Call Julie Niederhauser, 283-4378.
- The Riverside in Soldotna has live DJ music every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.
- The Funky Monkey in Kenai has bluegrass music by Them Other Shuckers on Tuesday night and folk music on Wednesday night.
- Hooligan’s Saloon in Soldotna has rock covers and originals by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has acoustic music by Tyler Schlung on Friday night and Emily Grossman on Saturday night.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has acoustic classic rock by the Free Beer Band at 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Mykel’s in Soldotna has acoustic music by Dave Unruh from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The Place in Nikiski has bluegrass music by Them Other Shuckers around 7 p.m. Friday.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has rock covers by Tuff-e-Nuff at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Vagabond on Kalifornsky Beach Road has a jam session on Friday night
- Veronica’s in Kenai has open mic music at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, and acoustic music by Mike Morgan at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
- 8 p.m. Saturday at the Clam Shell Lodge in Clam Gulch.
- 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays at the Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays at the .406 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 8:30 p.m. Friday at the J-Bar-B in Kasilof.
- 9:30 p.m. Monday at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- BJ’s in Soldotna has free pool on Wednesdays.
- Hooligan’s in Soldotna has a nine-ball pool tournament at 9 p.m. Thursdays.
- The J-Bar-B has free pool on Sundays, a horseshoe pit in the beer garden, and a cash drawing at 6:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has a pool tournament at 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has a dart tournament at 8 p.m. Thursdays.