- Artists Without Borders in the 4D Building in Soldotna has a group show, “The Color of Music,” on display through October.
- Art Works in Soldotna has watercolors by Sherri Sather on display through October.
- The Funky Monkey coffee shop in Kenai has watercolors by Pam Mersch on display through October.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has artwork by Emily Grossman on display through October.
- Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has art by Amy Warfle on display through October.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has “Out of the Bag,” an experimental exhibit, on display through October.
- The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center has a group exhibit by the Kenai Photo Guild on display through October.
- Veronica’s coffee shop in Kenai has photographs of Veronica’s through the seasons by Joe Kashi on display through October.
- The Kenai Performers will stage “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” at 7 p.m. the Old Town Playhouse in Kenai. Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for seniors and kids. The show is rated PG-13.
- A bookmaking workshop will be taught by Karen Dorcas from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Kenai Municipal Library. Participants need to register and pay the $20.00 materials fee. Call 283-4378, visit www.kenailibrary.org or e-mail email@example.com.
- A make it and take it Halloween and fall craft fair for kids in grades kindergarten through sixth will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. at Soldotna Middle School. Admission is free. Call 262-3151, ext. 24.
- The Alaska State Fair grand champion 907-pound pumpkin, grown by JD Megchelsen, of Nikiski, will be carved by Benjamin Schliefman, a Tlingit carver from Juneau, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. Free pumpkins will be given away to the first 50 families attending. Call 283-1991.
- “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” at 7 p.m. at Old Town Playhouse. See Friday listing.
- The Fraternal Order of Alaska State Troopers will hold a concert with Juice Newton (“Angel of the Morning,” “The Sweetest Thing” and “Break It To Me Gently”) and Gary Puckett (“Young Girl,” “Woman Woman” and “Over You”) at 7:30 p.m. at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at Kenai Central High School. Tickets are $33, available at Whitey’s Music Shop. Funds raised benefit the Safety Bear, CSI Forensic Science Camp, Children’s DNA Identification Kits and youth sports on the Kenai Peninsula. Call 283-9302.
- The Clam Shell Lodge in Clam Gulch will have its annual Hippy Olympics, with games, prizes and music by Three-Legged Mule at 8 p.m.
- “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” at 3 p.m. at Old Town Playhouse. See Friday listing.
- Ground Truth Trekking will give a slideshow presentation about their 4,000-mile trek from Seattle to the Aleutian Islands by foot, packraft and skis, at 7 p.m. at Kenai Peninsula College. Visit www.groundtruthtrekking.org.
- “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” 7 p.m. Oct. 31 and Nov. 1, 7 and 8, and 3 p.m. Nov. 2 at Old Town Playhouse. See Friday listing.
- The Soldotna Senior Center will accept entries into its 12th annual juried amateur art show, held in conjunction with the center’s fall bazaar, Nov. 7 to 8. Entries can be dropped off from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 4 and 5. Categories are oils, pastels, watercolors, and drawings; needle arts, beading, quilting and sewing; and three-dimensional. The entry fee is $6, with a maximum three entries each person. Call Mary Lane, 262-8839.
- The Riverside in Soldotna has live DJ music every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.
- The Funky Monkey in Kenai has folk music on Wednesday night.
- Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has rock covers and originals by Tuff-e-Nuff on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has music by Chris Burns on Saturday night.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has acoustic classic rock by the Free Beer Band at 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Mykel's in Soldotna has acoustic music by Dave Unruh from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The Place in Nikiski has bluegrass music by Them Other Shuckers around 7 p.m. Friday.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has rock covers by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Veronica’s in Kenai has open mic music at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, and acoustic music by Digging Roots at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
- 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays at the Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays at the .406 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 8:30 p.m. Friday at the J-Bar-B in Kasilof.
- 9:30 p.m. Monday at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- BJ’s in Soldotna has a Brown Bears hockey pregame special with a game ticket, tacos and a beer for $15 from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday.
- Hooligan’s in Soldotna has a nine-ball pool tournament at 9 p.m. Thursdays.
- The J-Bar-B has free pool on Sundays, a horseshoe pit in the beer garden, and a cash drawing at 6:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has a pool tournament at 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has a dart tournament at 8 p.m. Thursdays and a duck fart party Friday.