- The Soldotna Senior Center is looking for artists to display their work in the center's lobby. Shows are one month long. Artwork must hang on the walls. Call Mary Lane at 262-8839.
- Artists Without Borders has a group show, "Secret Garden," on display through December at the 4D Building in Soldotna.
- Art Works in Soldotna has photography by Joe Kashi on display through December.
- Coffee Roasters in the Red Diamond Center on Kalifornsky Beach Road will have rock band photography by Blair Reynolds on display through Monday with an opening reception from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday. Reynolds, a Skyview High School graduate, has photographed Fall Out Boy, Anberlin, Protest The Hero, Dillinger Escape Plan and many more bands.
- The Funky Monkey coffee shop in Kenai has multimedia black and white art by Alissa Mattson on display through December.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has artwork by Anna Jo Warfle on display through December.
- Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has art by Kathie Lee Painter and Donna Schwanke on display through December.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has children’s submissions to the VFW Women’s Auxiliary annual art show on display.
- Veronica’s coffee shop in Kenai has photographs of Veronica’s through the seasons by Joe Kashi on display.
- Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna will host a benefit acoustic concert at 8 p.m. by Ian Uponen, Chris Pepper and Rob Zinck. Admission is $5. Proceeds will go to a Nikiski family whose home was damaged by a fire.
- The Central Peninsula Writers Group is accepting submissions for its 12th annual Central Peninsula Writers Presentation on March 14 at Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Adult and high school writers from Cooper Landing to Ninilchik to Nikiski may enter. Entries are due Feb. 6. Entry forms and complete guidelines are available at the Kenai Community Library and online at kenailibrary.org under the Writer Group link.
- Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has Hamma Jang on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has live music by Mike Morgan at 6:30 p.m. Friday and Chris Burns at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has The Free Beer Band on Wednesday and Sunday nights.
- The Place in Nikiski has bluegrass by Them Other Shuckers at 7 p.m. Friday.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Riverside in Soldotna has live music Friday and Saturday nights.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays at the Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays at the .406 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesday at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 8:30 p.m. Friday at J-Bar-B in Kasilof.
- 9:30 p.m. Monday at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- The J-Bar-B has free pool on Sundays and a cash drawing at 6:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has a pool tournament at 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has a dart tournament at 8 p.m. Thursdays.
New Year’s Eve
- The Clam Shell Lodge in Clam Gulch will have live music by Rebel Blues.
- The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road will have karaoke.
- Hooligan’s Saloon in Soldotna will have live music by Anchorage classic rock band Mother of Pearl. Check with Hooligan’s for tickets.
- The Hunger Hut in Nikiski will have live music by the Super Blues.
- The J-Bar-B outside Soldotna on the Sterling Highway will have karaoke with Nita Galloway, food and party favors.
- The Place in Nikiski will have live music.
- The Rainbow in Kenai will have live music by The Mabrey Brothers.
- The Riverside in Soldotna will have live music by Sean and Travis B.
- The Vagabond on Kalifornsky Beach Road will have live music by Mark LeBrelle, followed by fireworks and breakfast.
- Tustumena Lodge in Kasilof will have live music.