- The Soldotna Senior Center is looking for artists to display their work in the center's lobby. Shows are one month long. Artwork must hang on the walls. Call Mary Lane at 262-8839.
- Artists Without Borders, in the 4D Building in Soldotna, presents a solo show by Laura Faeo.
- Art Works in Soldotna has photography by Joe Kashi on display through January.
- The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College has the traveling statewide photography show, “Rarefied Light 2008,” on display through January.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has artwork by Alyse Haynes on display through January.
- Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has photography by Tony Oliver through January.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has “Facets of 3-Dimensional Art” by Joyce Cox on display through January with an opening reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
- Odie’s coffee shop in Soldotna has a collaborative art show by Claire Rowley, Ashley Doremire, Sam Merry, Sue Zurfluh-Mann and Donna Schwanke on display through January.
- Easton Stagger Phillips will perform at the Old Town Playhouse in Kenai at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Admission is $10 at the door for each show.
- The Kenai Community Library will show the family film, “The Little Princess,” starring Shirley Temple, in the conference room at 1:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- Peninsula Winter Games organizers are looking for carvers willing to do ice sculptures around Soldotna and Kenai from Tuesday to Jan. 28. Contact Tami Murray at email@example.com or 741-8119.
- The Kenai Community Library will hold a wire beading class from 1 to 3 p.m. Jan. 24. Participants are asked to bring a wooden or plastic ruler. Advance registration is necessary, and the materials fee is $12.50. Contact Cynthia Gibson at 283-4378 or http://www.kenailibrary.org.
- The Central Peninsula Writers Group is accepting submissions for its 12th annual Central Peninsula Writers Presentation on March 14 at Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Adult and high school writers from Cooper Landing to Ninilchik to Nikiski may enter. Entries are due Feb. 6. Entry forms and complete guidelines are available at the Kenai Community Library and online at kenailibrary.org under the Writer Group link.
- Central Peninsula Hospital is seeking artwork in a variety of mediums to display in its new addition. Artists in Southcentral Alaska are invited to apply. The deadline for submissions is March 9. For information about the program, contact Leah Goodwin with Aesthetics, Inc. at (619)-683-7500, or Goodwin@aesthetics.net, or visit http://kenaiphotography.com/CallForArtists.htm.
- Kenai Peninsula College’s Kenai River Campus is requesting proposals from artists interested in creating work to be placed in its new Riverview Commons by 5 p.m. March 13. The installation will be complete by Aug. 17. Proposals must include a conceptual sketch including notes, up to 10 slides of past work, a resume and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Submit proposals to Phillip Miller, Kenai Peninsula College, Facilities and Maintenance, 156 College Road, Soldotna, Alaska 99669. Miller can be reached at 262-0325 for more information.
- Friday and Saturday nights at The Riverside.
- The Crossing in Soldotna has 9Spine on Friday and Saturday night, with dancing in a smoke-free environment.
- Hooligan’s Saloon in Soldotna has Tuff-e-Nuff on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has the Free Beer Band on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has open mic night Wednesdays, and live music Friday night.
- The Place in Nikiski has bluegrass by Them Other Shuckers on Friday nights.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Riverside in Soldotna has Sean and Travis B at 8 p.m. Thursday.
- Veronica’s in Kenai has open mic night at 6:30 p.m. Fridays.
- The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has a karaoke contest through early February every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m. with a $500 prize.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at the .406 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 9 p.m. Friday at J-Bar-B outside Soldotna.
- 9:30 p.m. Monday at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- The J-Bar-B has a cash drawing at 6:30 p.m. Saturdays. Patrons get one ticket each day they’re at the bar. Must be present to win.
- Hooligan’s in Soldotna has Texas Hold ‘Em poker from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and free pool Thursdays.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has a pool tournament at 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has a Scene It game night on Tuesday.