- The Soldotna Senior Center is looking for artists to display their work in the center's lobby. Shows are one month long. Artwork must hang on the walls. Call Mary Lane at 262-8839.
- Artists Without Borders, in the 4D Professional Building in Soldotna, presents a solo show by Laura Faeo with an opening reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Art Works in Soldotna has photography by Joe Kashi on display through January.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has artwork by Alyse Haynes on display through January.
- Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has photography by Tony Oliver on display through January.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has “Facets of 3-Dimensional Art” by Joyce Cox on display through January with an opening reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
- Odie’s coffee shop in Soldotna has a collaborative art show by Claire Rowley, Ashley Doremire, Sam Merry, Sue Zouslow-Mann and Donna Schwanke on display through January.
- The Kenai Writers Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the conference room at Kenai Community Library. The public is invited. Bring extra copies of your writing to share.
- The traveling statewide photography show, “Rarefied Light 2008,” will be on display at the Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College through January with an opening reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday.
- Kenai Performers will hold auditions for a murder mystery dinner theater production written by Mike Druce at 6 p.m. Friday at the Old Town Playhouse in Kenai. Adult parts only. Performances will be March 6 and 7 at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. For more information, contact Carol Ford at 776-8308, 398-9756 or email@example.com.
- The Kenai River Folk Dancers will hold a contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School with live music by the ContraBanD. Beginners are welcome, and instruction is given. Contact Treesa Holland at 260-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Kenai Community Library will hold a family game day from 1 to 4 p.m. with a variety of board games, and players may bring their own games to share.
- Easton Stagger Phillips will perform at the Old Town Playhouse in Kenai on Jan. 16.
- Peninsula Winter Games organizers are looking for carvers willing to do ice sculptures around Soldotna and Kenai from Jan. 20 to 28. Contact Tami Murray at email@example.com or 741-8119.
- The Central Peninsula Writers Group is accepting submissions for its 12th annual Central Peninsula Writers Presentation on March 14 at Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Adult and high school writers from Cooper Landing to Ninilchik to Nikiski may enter. Entries are due Feb. 6. Entry forms and complete guidelines are available at the Kenai Community Library and online at kenailibrary.org under the Writer Group link.
- The Riverside in Soldotna has DJ Mark Gage on Friday and Saturday night.
- Hooligan’s Saloon in Soldotna has Static Cycle on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has the Free Beer Band on Wednesday and Sunday nights.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has Paul Davis from Anchorage on Friday night.
- The Place in Nikiski has bluegrass by Them Other Shuckers on Friday nights.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Riverside in Soldotna has Sean and Travis B at 8 p.m. Thursday.
- The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has a karaoke contest Jan. 8 through early February every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m. with a $500 prize.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at the .406 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 9 p.m. Friday at J-Bar-B outside Soldotna.
- 9:30 p.m. Monday at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- The J-Bar-B has a cash drawing at 6:30 p.m. Saturdays. Patrons get one ticket each day they’re at the bar. Must be present to win.
- Hooligan’s in Soldotna has Texas Hold ‘Em poker from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and free pool Thursdays.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has a pool tournament at 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has a dart tournament Tuesday nights and Jager bingo Jan. 12..