- Artists Without Borders in the 4D Building in Soldotna has “Unhinged,” works done on a door or window, in conjunction with a group show by local artists, through April.
- Art Works in Soldotna has egg tempera paintings by Andy Hehnlin on display.
- The Funky Monkey in Kenai has photography by Tony Lewis on display through April.
- Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has “This Season That We Call Winter,” a photography exhibition by Genevieve Klebba, on display.
- Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has artwork by Melody Lee Gleichman on display through April.
- The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has the Kenai Peninsula School District visual arts celebration with work by ninth- through 12th-graders on display through April.
- The Soldotna Senior Center is looking for artists to display their work in the center's lobby. Shows are one month long. Artwork must hang on the walls. Call Mary Lane at 262-8839. The artist of the month for April is Jan Wallace.
- Curtain Call Consignment Boutique is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kenai Performers’ Old Town Playhouse in Kenai. Organizers are taking consignments of new or gently used namebrand and designer clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry and accessories. Contact Mary Krull at 398-2931.
- “8 Stars of Comedy Gold,” a comedic play about Alaska history, will be performed by Sidecar, an improvisational acting troupe from New York City, at 7 p.m. at Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Tickets are $7 for adults, $3 for kids, available at the Triumvirate Bookstore and at the door. For more information, visit www.triumviratetheatre.org.
- Curtain Call Consignment Boutique is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kenai Performers’ Old Town Playhouse in Kenai. See Friday listing.
- “8 Stars of Comedy Gold” will be performed at 7 p.m. at Triumvirate Theatre in Soldotna. See Friday listing.
- Kenai Performers will present “Sudden Theatre,” an evening of 10-minute plays, at 7 p.m. April 17, 18, 24 and 25 and 3 p.m. April 19 and 26 at the Old Town Playhouse in Kenai. Admission is $12 for adults and $10 for students and seniors. Advance tickets are available at Charlotte’s in Kenai and River City Books in Soldotna. The show is PG-13.
- A concert fundraiser will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. April 18 at College Heights Baptist Church to benefit Isaiah James Charlie, who was born with a heart defect and needs medial care. There will be live music, a spaghetti dinner, auctions for guided fishing trips, a Grant Aviation voucher and more. Contact Kristi Bradford, 394-8224.
- The BYU Idaho Collegiate Singers will perform “We Are All Children” at 7 p.m. April 21 in the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at Kenai Central High School. Admission is a donation of canned goods for the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank.
- Sterling Elementary School will hold an opening for its annual art show from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 23. It will remain on display until 11:00 a.m. April 24. This year’s show is dedicated to the memory of Roy Shapley, a third-grade teacher at the school and local photographer and artist, who died in December. The show will include student work as well as Shapley’s photography, literary art and storytelling art, and pieces donated by professional artists in the area. The school is also holding a fundraiser for Roy’s family through the raffle of more than 20 pieces of fine art donated by celebrated professional artists in the community. For more information, contact Principal Christine Ermold at email@example.com or 262-4944.
- Friday and Saturday nights at The Riverside.
- The Clam Shell in Clam Gulch will have music by Butch Leman at 9 p.m. Saturday.
- Hooligan’s Saloon in Soldotna has a jam night Thursday and live music on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has the Free Beer Band on Sundays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has AK Free Fuel on Friday night.
- The Place in Nikiski has bluegrass by Them Other Shuckers on Friday nights around 7:30 p.m.
- The Rainbow Bar in Kenai has live music by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Vagabond on Kalifornsky Beach Road has a jam session April 17.
- Veronica’s in Kenai has the Old Believers on Friday night and George Navarre and Nancy Anderson from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday.
- 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at the Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
- 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays at the .406 in Kenai.
- 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Hooligan’s in Soldotna.
- 9 p.m. Fridays at J-Bar-B outside Soldotna.
- 9:30 p.m. Mondays at the Maverick in Soldotna.
- Hooligan’s in Soldotna has Texas Hold ‘Em poker at 5 and 8 p.m. Tuesdays, and a cutest bunny contest Saturday night.
- The Maverick in Soldotna has a pool tournament at 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Moosequito’s in Sterling has darts Tuesday night.